Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Bahal Mission

After the race was over a bunch of us headed up the Bahal Valley to see what we could find. The Upper Bahal is a classic alpine style run with near continuous class IV whitewater, strainers and low foot bridges, where eddies are few and far between. After a stop for Chai (tea) on the way up the valley Steve, Matt and I decided to put on.














The next day was Steves last day in Turkey so we headed up to Tortam Falls for some sightseeing and then put on the Tortam river below which was a great class III-IV read and run river.



With Steve headed home, Matt, Dad and I along with Amir, Rob Hind and Dave headed to the other side of the Kackar Mountains to explore the steep creeks and gorges of the Turkish Black Sea coast...................


1 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger 321 said...

Really cool. Being a kayaker from India based in US, your exploits gives me hope that I can pursue my passion once I am back in India in a year and half.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home